Food Poisoning

Photo: The Times of India

Sangli District: 160 Students Suffer Food Poisoning After Eating At School

In shocking news, more than 160 students of a Maharashtra government-aided residential school were admitted to a hospital for suspected food poisoning. The official confirmed the news on August 28, and was reported from Sangli district. The condition of all the affected students, in the age group of five to 15 years, is stable and they are out of danger. Furthermore, an investigation is underway.

Mon, 28 Aug 2023 - 07:16 PM / by Varsha Joshi

Tags: Sangli district, Food Poisoning, students, Ill, District Official

Courtesy: Mid Day

Food Poisoning

Photo: DTNext

School Picnic Turns Tragic As 100 Students Fall Ill

In Maharashtra's Shirdi, at least 100 children, gone for picnic, had to be admitted to a hospital after they showed symptoms of food poisoning.  the kids from Daryapur Yethil Adarsh High School in Amravati had gone to Shirdi to visit the Sai Baba temple, when of 227, hundred of them started vomiting and feeling uneasy. They were immediately admitted to a hospital where they are currently undergoing treatment. 

Sat, 18 Feb 2023 - 10:30 AM / by Varsha Joshi

Tags: shridi, Food Poisoning, School students, Government School, picnic spot

Food poisoning

Photo: The Indian Express

Telangana: 31 Students Of Asifabad Welfare Residential School Fall Ill

In Telangana’s Asifabad, 31 students fell ill and were admitted to a hospital after consuming contaminated half cook food at the hostel mess. On September 19, the students of a Kagaznagar Minority Residential School in Kumurabheem-Asifabad district were shifted to hospital, after they reportedly fell ill due to food poisoning. … read-more

Tue, 20 Sep 2022 - 04:04 PM / by Varsha Joshi

Tags: food, Asifabad, Welfare Residential School, Food Poisoning, students

Apna Ghar Ashram Food Poisoning

Photo: Hari Bhoomi

Apna Ghar Ashram Food Poisoning: 3 Dead, 15 Hospitalised In Rajasthan

In Rajasthan's Apna Ghar Ashram, three people died and at least 15 others were hospitalised due to food poisoning, on July 25. The ashram is situated in Kota, and the people affected reportedly, consumed food at the ashram. After consuming food, three people started vomiting, and some did not wake up. District Collector Om Prakash Bunkar said that borewell water could be the reason. Further investigation is underway.

Mon, 25 Jul 2022 - 05:20 PM / by Shibu Immanuel S

Tags: Apna Ghar Ashram, Food Poisoning, Rajasthan, Kota, Om Prakash

Courtesy: ANI

P Sabitha Indra Reddy

Photo: The Hans India

Food Poisoning In IIIT Basara, Education Minister Orders Probe

In Telangana's IIT Basara, approximately 100 students were reported ill, after they consumed hostel mess food, on July 15. Many are said to have received treatment at the Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge and Technologies (RGUKT) or IIIT Basara, and ones critical and unstable are shifted to Nizamabad hospitals. Furthermore, in regard to this, Telangana Education Minister P Sabitha Indra Reddy ordered a… read-more

Sat, 16 Jul 2022 - 02:54 PM / by Varsha Joshi

Tags: Telangana, IIIT Basara, Food Poisoning, P Sabitha Indra Reddy, Probe

Shawarma Kills Student In Kerala

Photo: DTX News

Rotten Shawarma Killed 1, Left 18 Student Sick In Kerala's Kasaragod District

A 17-year-old student died and 18 others fell sick after eating "Shawarma" at a food stall in Cheruvathur town of Kasaragod district, Kerala. Happened on May 1, the incident gained attention, demanding action against the stall, as after eating rotten shawarma from the stall students suffered food poisoning. Kerala Health Minister Veena George ordered an investigation. Furthermore, the stall has been sealed and the cook is under custody.

Mon, 02 May 2022 - 10:24 AM / by Varsha Joshi

Tags: Food Poisoning, Kerala, Rotten Shawarma, Veena George, students

Courtesy: ANI

Children at school

Photo: The Hindu

4 Ashram Students Fall Ill After Consuming Meal In Bhiwandi

The Civic Health officials in Bhiwandi, Thane, Maharashtra, reported that four students of Ashram schools fell ill after consuming food at the school premises. Notably, students of Shraddha Ashram School complained of stomach-ache, and were rushed to hospital. Dr Datta Kole of the civic-run Shree Chatrapati Maharaj General Hospital said it to be due to food poisoning. However, the ashram authority said it to be due to heat-stroke and… read-more

Sun, 03 Apr 2022 - 03:34 PM / by Varsha Joshi

Tags: Civic officials, Ashram schools, Food Poisoning, students, Maharashtra (95, )

Students Of Government School

Photo: The Hindu

Almost 70 Students Of Govt. School Fall Ill, Experts Suspect Food Poisoning

Approximately 70 students from the Kasturba Gandhi Girl's School in Vishakapatnam fell ill after consuming food from the hostel on November 22.  According to reports, students started to show signs of uneasiness and vomiting and were rushed to the nearby hospital. L. Chandrakala, District education Officer said that the doctors have taken samples to test the cause of their sickness. " We suspect that it's food poisoning", added Chandraleka… read-more

Tue, 23 Nov 2021 - 08:36 PM / by Varsha Joshi

Tags: Visakhapatnam, AP Schools, students, Food Poisoning

Courtesy: ANI

Dead Acquatic Avians found in Junagadh

Photo: Indian Express

Bird Flu Clouds On Gujarat; 53 Birds Dead In Junagadh Reservoir

After Kerala, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan, Gujarat has reported cases of the bird flu virus. The forest officials spotted nearly 53 lifeless aquatic birds comprising herons and comb ducks on the shore of the Junagadh’s Kharo reservoir. While the veterinary doctor MJ Faldu cited the avian deaths due to food poisoning, the state forest department has proactively alerted all zoological parks. Moreover, they have directed the zoos to conduct… read-more

Tue, 05 Jan 2021 - 05:36 PM / by Sakshi Amrutkar

Tags: Bird Flu, Gujarat, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Food Poisoning