A New York woman is facing murder and drug charges after a one-year-old boy died from fentanyl poisoning at the daycare she operated. Grei Mendez(36) was arrested over the weekend after emergency paramedics, to reports of unconscious children at the Divino Nino Daycare in the Bronx. Police said a large quantity of fentanyl was found at the facility, including a kilogram of the drug stored on top of children's playmats.
The heat waves in Uttar Pradesh have killed over 57 elderly people in Ballia district hospital. The death occurred due to severe heatwaves and rising temperatures in just past 72 hours. Concerned about it, the authority formed a committee of the health department from Lucknow. The committee would visit Ballia and ascertain the cause of the deaths. In addition, Chief Medical Superintendents and officers were removed amid negligence in… read-more
Courtesy: Zee News
The Visakhapatnam Police busted a racked of illegal kidney transplant and arrested six people, including a doctor. As per the Vizag Police Commissioner, they arrested Prameswara Rao, doctor of a private hospital, and middlemen Kamaraju, Srinu, Shekhar, Elina and Kondamma in the matter. All the arrested have been booked under sections 307, 326 and 420 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC.) Furthermore, a case has… read-more
Courtesy: The New Indian Express
Arrested Bollywood star and critic Kamal Rashid Khan has been rushed to hospital after he complain of chest pain. Rashid's lawyer said, he was taken to Shatabdi Hospital in Kandivali on the night of August 30, due to his health condition and is undergoing treatment. Notably, KRK was arrested and remanded to 14-days of judicial custody for his controversial tweet, disrespecting veteran late actors Irfan Khan and Rishi Kapoor.
Courtesy: The Free Press Journal
Tollywood Megastar Chiranjeevi announced a welfare hospital for cine workers, contributing to the daily wage, BPL workers of the film fraternity. On August 22, marking his 67th birthday, the Tollywood actor promised that the hospital, at Chitrapuri Colony in Hyderabad, will be operational by his next birthday, and invited people who wants to support his noble initiative. "No matter how many crores it costs… read-more
Courtesy: Zee News India
A female teacher who was burned alive on August 10 in a hamlet near Jaipur died from her injuries late on August 16 at the SMS Hospital. Videos of the event have since gone popular on social media, with netizens criticizing the police's participation as well as the state's deteriorating law and order situation. Anita Regar (32), a teacher at Veena Memorial School, was recognized as the victim.
Courtesy: DNA INDIA
Staff at a Rural Health Centre in Pakistan's Sindh province amputated a newborn baby's head and left it inside the mother's womb, putting the 32-year-old Hindu woman's life in danger. When the lady found herself in a life-threatening position, she was taken to Jamshoro's Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences, where she was treated. Sindh government established a medical investigation board to investigate the tragedy and identify… read-more
Courtesy: Free Press Journal
Sonia Gandhi, the President of the Indian National Congress, was discharged from Ganga Ram Hospital on June 20 after being hospitalized for COVID-related concerns. Sonia Gandhi was being treated for a fungal infection in her lower respiratory tract, as well as post-COVID symptoms. Sonia Gandhi was brought to Ganga Ram Hospital in Delhi on June 12 due to Covid problems and heavy nasal bleeding. She also had a follow-up operation.
PM Narendra Modi participated in the "Gujarat Gaurav Abhiyan" program and inaugurated several development projects in the State, on June 10. As per ANI, PM Modi laid foundation stones and inaugurated growth projects worth Rs 3,050 crores, aiming for water supply, boosting connectivity, and enhancement in living standards. Furthermore, PM Modi also inaugurated AM Naik Healthcare Complex and Nirali Multi Speciality Hospital in Navsari… read-more
In Maharashtra's Nagpur region, four children were infected with HIV positive, of which one died. Notably, the kids undergoing treatment for Thalassemia got HIV infection, due to blood transfusion, after the blood-bank provided contaminated blood. RK Dhakate, the Assistant Deputy Director of the Health Department assured investigation and strict action against the culprit. Furthermore, Food and Drugs Department also launched a preliminary… read-more