Discussions between India and China will be held on November 18 over pending border issues under Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs. Reportedly, the 13th round of the India-China Corps Commander level meeting was held last month. It was further reported that India expects the China Government to rapidly work towards the leftover issues on the Line of Actual Control in eastern Ladakh.
India on October 13 strongly rejected China’s objection to Vice President Venkaiah Naidu's recent visit to Arunachal Pradesh, asserting that the state is an “integral and inalienable” part of India. China had objected the visit of Indian leaders to Arunachal Pradesh, stating it is a part of South Tibet. The fresh war of words between the two sides came three days after the 13th round of military talks.
Courtesy: The Hindu
India and China are likely to hold the 13th round of Corps Commander-level talks next week in October. “We are hopeful to have the 13th round of talks very soon, perhaps as soon as next week i.e. the second week of October,” said Army Chief General Manoj Naravane on Oct 2. The focus would be on working out a disengagement plan from the Hot Springs area among others.
Courtesy: The Hindu
After a series of political tensions between India and China, the Government of India might be considering blocking China from investing in LIC's IPO. Life Insurance Corporation is a crucial financial institution of the country and it is believed that investment intervention from China might pose a risk to the security of the data. Reportedly, the Finance Ministry is looking out for options to prevent China from buying a stakeout.
Courtesy: The Times Of India
Following the months of tensed border relations, India and China have jointly agreed to maintain peace in Eastern Ladakh. During the 11th round of military talks held at the Chushul border, both the sides have agreed to "resolve outstanding issues in an expeditious manner". The Indian Army said that the two sides also agreed to "avoid any new incidents" and consider de-escalation of forces.
Courtesy: Indian Express
The Chinese Defence Ministry on February 10 stated that India and China had started the organized disengagement process along the Pangong lake area in the eastern Ladakh. Reportedly, the disengagement initiated after both the armies arrived on a consensus at the ninth round of commander-level talks. However, the Indian officials have not given any statement until now. Reportedly, the border standoff continued since May 2020.
Courtesy: The Indian Express
In the ninth round of military-level talks on January 24, India has demanded China to withdraw its troops completely along the LAC. Representing India at the 15-hour marathon meeting, Lt Gen PGK Menon also proposed verification measures at various critical points along the LAC. While over one lakh soldiers have been deployed at the LAC by both the countries since early 2020, previous talks have concluded with deadlock on de-escalation of… read-more
Courtesy: Times Now
Chinese President Xi Jinping has replaced General Zhao Zongqi who allegedly orchestrated the violent clashes between India and China at the border. Zhao Zongqi, under whom the 2017 Doklam stand-off had also arisen, has been replaced with General Zhang Xudong who has no experience in serving at the Sino-Indian borders. The development has taken place amidst the ongoing talks between both the countries for securing complete disengagement along … read-more
The 8th Commander-level talks between India and China has proposed a three-step plan for the disengagement of troops from Eastern Ladakh border areas. In the first step, tanks and personal careers will be removed while, in the second, 30% of troops will be withdrawn for three consecutive days before observing the status quo of April-May period in third phase. The countries have also agreed upon a mutual mechanism to monitor the disengagement… read-more
Courtesy: Times of India
India and China will continue their bi-lateral discussions as the eighth round of Commander Level talks were described as "constructive", albeit no consensus has been reached yet. The discussions were held in Chushul on November 6 while the next meeting will be arranged soon. According to the Indian government's press release, both sides have agreed upon sincerely executing the mutual agreement to pull back troops from the border.
Courtesy: Hindustan Times