The University Grants Commission (UGC) has reprimanded Jadavpur University for submitting a "generic" report on the alleged ragging and sexual harassment of a student leading to his death, according to sources. Noting that no proactive measures have been taken by the university to curb ragging on campus, the commission has told the university that it is not satisfied with the report. Furthermore, the UGC sought investigation report.
Courtesy: The Press Trust of India
UGC Anticipates 15,000 African Students To Benefit E-Vidya Bharati Platform For Distance Learning Courses
University Grants Commission anticipates at least 15,000 African students would benefit from distant learning programs through scholarships, fee waivers, and other benefits available through e-Vidya Bharati portal. The portal is a tele-education platform that provides African students with access to over 500 courses in disciplines like engineering, technology,… read-more
Courtesy: Free Press Journal
UGC and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology are working together to create UGC e-resources portal, which will provide UG and PG digital course content to millions of students in rural regions as New Educational Policy enters its second year on July 29.… read-more
Courtesy: Free Press Journal
The Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi has announced to issue admissions to Postgraduate courses and advanced Diplomas of proficiency programmes through the Common University Entrance Test (CUET). The announcement has come after UGC decided to introduce the CUET for Postgraduate courses. The application process has begun on May 20, and will conclude on June 18. Reportedly, the exam is scheduled in the third week of July.
Courtesy: Press Trust Of India
As per guidelines of UGC, online Institutes can source 40% of their course content externally and the rest 60% in-house with the help of ed-tech companies. In addition, ed-tech companies aren't permitted to advertise the content which they will develop. “The option has been provided so that students don't have to put efforts to locate good online programmes and add to their credit bank,'' stated an official
Courtesy: The Indian Express
University Grants Commission (UGC) has asked all its affiliated colleges and universities to integrate resources for visually-impaired students. Educational resources like Braille-print books, large print books, tactile books, audiobooks should be adopted to meet their needs and assist them in their curriculum. In a notification, the UGC stated,'' The Educational resources, as far as possible, should be uploaded on the website of the… read-more
Courtesy: News 18
In the light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the University Grants Commission (UGC) the apex body of Higher Education in India, has allowed the candidates to apply for Assistant Professor jobs without having a PhD till July 2023. UGC removed the mandatory requirement that came into effect in 2018 through an amendment. However, candidates having a postgraduate degree must have cleared the National Eligibility Test to apply for the post.
Courtesy: Zee News
University Grant Commission (UGC) releases exam Guidelines and Academic Calendar for the 2021-22 session. The final year exam is expected to be completed by August 31. Students can apply to UGC only after the declaration of CBSC, ISC, and other class 12 results. Reportedly, the new academic session will tentatively begin from October 1. Besides, the admission process ought to be completed by September 30.
Courtesy: Times Now Digital
University students across the country have urged the UGC to cancel the university exams due to COVID-19 concerns. After the class 10 and 12 board exams cancellation, university students also stated appeal citing the safety and health concerns. The students urged the state to show similar concern showed to the board students to their semester exams as well. Students also trended #CancelUniversityExams on Twitter.
A study by the All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) stated that of all students in higher education institutes, only 7.55% come from minority communities. Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the government would focus on state-sponsored scholarships and improve distance learning portals like SWAYAM to make education available to minorities. Reportedly, the government will issue the University Grants Commission (UGC)… read-more
Courtesy: Hindustan Times