Wild Boar

Photo: Mathrubhumi English

Kerala Govt Confirms Anthrax Outbreak; Officials On High Alert

Kerala is on high alert after many wild boars died due to Anthrax, a rare but serious bacterial illness. After testing the carcasses of boars in the Athirapilly forest range in Kerala's Thrissur, the disease was detected. Reportedly, humans can contract the disease upon coming in contact with the contaminated waste of the animals. "Government has taken Enough' steps to prevent the spread," said health minister Veena George.

Thu, 30 Jun 2022 - 08:00 PM / by Shibu Immanuel S

Tags: Anthrax, Bacteria, Thrissur, Athirapilly, Kerala

Courtesy: Hindustan Times