Photo: DNA India

Apple Embraces India's GPS Alternative NavIC in iPhone 15

Apple unveiled the iPhone 15 Pro and the iPhone 15 Pro Max, which has an Indian connection, as it features Indian Space Research Orgnaization (ISRO) made GPS navigation.NavIC, previously known as the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), represents a regional navigation satellite system comprised of seven satellites and an extensive network of ground stations operating around the clock.It offers two services: Standard Position… read-more

Thu, 14 Sep 2023 - 11:39 AM / by Varsha Joshi

Tags: iPhone 15, Apple, ISRO, GPS, NavIC, Technology

Courtesy: Business Today

Pedaling Picasso

Photo: Online Teaching Jobs

World Record: 'Pedalling Picasso' Creates Largest GPS Drawing 'Mr. November'

Anthony Hoyte, also known as "Pedalling Picasso" from UK, broke the Guinness World Record for the largest continuous GPS drawing. Hoyte created a hairy man's figure, "Mr. November" while driving for 12 hours and covered 107 km. Reportedly, Hoyte has been drawing "GPS pictures" since 2016 and Mr. November was his 19th. Besides, Hoyte also encouraged to raise awareness about mental health among men. 

Wed, 24 Nov 2021 - 02:58 PM / by Nehal Surana

Tags: GPS, drawing, Guinness World Records, United Kingdom, Human Interest stories

Courtesy: The Indian Express

Oxygen tanker

Photo: The Economic Times

Transport Ministry Mandates GPS Tracking For All Oxygen Containers

To ensure protection and monitor the oxygen-carrying vehicles, the Road Transport ministry has mandated tankers and vehicles to be equipped with Vehicle Location Tracking devices. Ministry tweeted that the decision was to monitor diversions and delay cases. Increasing the COVID crisis menace the death toll increased by 3,449 new fatalities on May 4. Reportedly, the massive oxygen crunch has left the system unable to afford any mistake in… read-more

Tue, 04 May 2021 - 07:40 PM / by Sohini Mandal

Tags: oxygen tankers, Road transport and highways, GPS, COVID-19 outbreak

Courtesy: The Economic Times

Oxygen Tankers

Photo: Indian Express

UP Govt Starts Oxygen Monitoring Facility In Lucknow To Monitor Supply

The UP government on April 24 created an 'oxygen monitoring system' with a command control centre set up in Lucknow for realtime monitoring of oxygen supply. UP’s Additional Chief Secretary Awanish Kumar Awasthi said, the Management Information System’s (MIS) dashboard will update on the tanker location, either in filling or in transportation. Moreover, a GPS-enabled app in driver’s phone will help keep track of tanker location on the map.… read-more

Sat, 24 Apr 2021 - 05:46 PM / by Sohini Mandal

Tags: Uttar Pradesh, oxygen tankers, oxygen monitoring system, COVID-19 outbreak, GPS, Lucknow

Courtesy: The Economic Times

Highways to become toll booth free

Photo : Zee news

Union Minister Announces To Introduce GPS-Based Toll Collection

Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari on march 18 announced in the lok sabha that the government will soon introduce GPS-based toll collection. In-order to avoid toll theft and GST evasion cases, the collection of money will be done through GPS imaging. However, the officials have been instructed to take hold of the vehicles that do not pay toll using FASTags. Reportedly, around 93% pay through FASTags and the rest 7% pay in cash despite of the… read-more

Thu, 18 Mar 2021 - 06:22 PM / by Neha Sanjeev

Tags: Toll Fee, GPS, Nitin Gadkari, Road transport and highways

Courtesy: Times now news

Kerala Boat

Photo: fisheries.kerala.gov.in

Kerala Installs Hologram Boards On Boats To Protect Fishermen

Kerala will be installing high-security hologram registration boards on fishing boats to safeguard fishermen who go for deep-sea venture. The GPS/GPRS enabled device will helps to identify location, detect fake registration, prevent crime/smuggling and check invasion of foreign boats in Indian waters. Provided at subsidized rates by the state's Centre for Development of Imaging technology, the scheme has covered 300 boats and will envelop 1,… read-more

Mon, 18 Jan 2021 - 09:15 AM / by Sakshi Teresa Emmanuel

Tags: Kerala, Fisheries Department, Hologram Registration, GPS, Safety, Digital safety