Naman Mathur, popularly known as 'MortaL', has announced a break from PUBG to focus more on streaming career. The highest watched PUBG player of all time, mortal has played as an IGL of Team Soul and has 6 million YouTube subscribers. However, he would continue mentoring the team and help them in enhancing their performances. Reportedly, he will not be returning to the game for a while.
PUBG Mobile is all set to re-enter Indian market with a new game, titled PUBG Mobile India. Confirming the news, PUBG Corporation said it would not authorize its franchise to Tencent Games and would adhere to the data security regulations by performing regular audits. Some other proposed changes include new setting, clothing of characters and restricting time for younger players. PUBG, along with other 116 apps, was banned in India in… read-more
Courtesy: Gadgets NDTV
PUBG Mobile has announced to shut its servers and end all the services in India from October 30. The game was already pulled down from the Play Store and App Store following the Indian government order in September. However, the in-game servers were intact and people, who already had it downloaded, could play the game till now. Earlier, PUBG had end its association with China's Tencent Games but could not secure resumption.
Courtesy: Tech Crunch
Going by an Entrackr's report, PUBG Corporation is seeking a partnership with Airtel to relaunch the game in India. The report also states that PUBG is planning to raise a "lean team in India". However, neither companies have officially commented on this yet. PUBG was in talks with Reliance Jio as well but to no avail. Earlier, the Indian government has banned PUBG in the country citing security concerns.
Courtesy: Hindustan Times
The ban of PUBG Mobile has turned out to be a great news for the other Battle Royale games. After the ban of PUBG Mobile, there has been an increase in the downloads for similar games such as Garena Free Fire and Call of Duty by 2.1 and 1.1 million respectively. PUBG Mobile along with 118 other apps were banned earlier this month in favour of protecting the “national interest and security”.
Courtesy: The Indian Express
Following India's ban on 'PUBG Mobile', the parent corporation has said that it will withdraw the PUBG Mobile franchise from Tencent. The company, in a post, said that they will work hand-in-hand with the Indian government to bring back the game to its users. According to reports, South Korean based PUBG Corporation has decided to hold all the rights for itself to publish in India, removing Tencent (China-based company) from the action.
Courtesy: The Indian Express
On September 3, Tencent lost USD 14 billion in market value and its share fell by 2%. The losses were seen as an effect of India's ban on PUBG on September 2. Tencent, one of China's biggest gaming company, owns the mobile version of PUBG. India is PUBG mobile's largest market with over 175 million installs. The move came as a result of the rising border tensions between India and China.
The Government of India on September 2 banned the usage of 118 more mobile apps, including PUBG. According to the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, the measure was undertaken with the view of safeguarding the sovereignty and nation's security. Besides PUBG, U-dictionary and App Lock are also among the banned apps. This is the third time the GOI has imposed ban on apps, amid border tensions… read-more
Courtesy: Press Information Bureau
A Punjab teen spent INR 16 lakhs on "in-app purchases" of PUBG mobile game. The 17-year-old borrowed his mother's phone, claiming that he needs it for online classes, through which he gained access to his parent's bank account. Though the teen deleted the transaction history, ended up getting caught by his parents. The Sensor Tower has found that users spent around USD 226 million on PUBG, in May.
Courtesy: NDTV Gadgets