Delhi government has collaborated with the US Embassy to start a 10-week virtual English teaching program for teachers. The program will train 700 pre-service teachers from all-women colleges in Delhi. Addressing the event, Dy-CM Manish Sisodia said the aim is to impart quality training to teachers. Moreover, Sisodia had invited US’ first lady Jill Biden to visit Delhi’s government schools and stated the courses were designed to address… read-more
The Aligarh Muslim University will bury a time capsule on January 26 to mark its centenary. Weighing over 1.5 tonnes, the steel capsule will possess the 100-year history of the University from 1920. Reportedly, the capsule would be buried 30 feet deep in front of the Victoria gate. Interestingly, the varsity had buried a similar time capsule in 1877 when it was known as Muslim Anglo Oriental College.
Courtesy: The New Indian Express
CM Manohar Lal Khattar-led Haryana government will start an anti-tobacco drive across all colleges and universities in the state from January 26. While painting anti-smoking slogans, the government would place volunteers near school displaying motivational messages. The recent orders ask every educational institution to place ‘Tobacco-free area’ sign outside the building and ‘Tobacco-Free Educational Institution’ within the premises. Earlier… read-more
To focus and improve research and development in the highways sector, the IIT Roorkee has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Union Road Transport Ministry. Reportedly, the MoU will allow the institution to catalyse innovation and help in resolving issues in the sector through scientific means. A faculty at the IIT-R said, "This MoU provides an opportunity for IIT-R to work on contemporary challenges in the Highway sector".… read-more
Pumped up by the positive results of the experimental Super-30 batches, the Haryana Government has decided to provide free entrance coaching to grade 10 and 12 students of government schools. The students will be trained for competitive examinations, including medical, engineering and defence entrance tests. To assimilate with the government’s latest educational initiative, the authorities have arrived to nurture students in tandem with the… read-more
Addressing the Kerala Assembly on January 18, Education Minister C Raveendranath affirmed that Kerala records the lowest dropout rate in India. As per 2019-20 statistics, Kerala achieved a dropout rate of 0.11%. Compared to the national average of 17.06%, Kerala's higher secondary school dropout rate amounts to 0.15% and the Upper Primary dropout rate is 0.06%. The minister recognized that modernization of the educational system was the prime… read-more
With an aim to provide free coaching for poor and meritorious civil services aspirants, Kerala Governor Arif Mohammad Khan on January 16 launched the 'One school, One IAS' program. The program will be implemented by the Vedhik Erudite Foundation and will benefit around 10,000 students of the state. The main focus of the initiative will be to start grooming students from high school-level itself for competitive exams.
Owing to the pandemic, the Rajasthan Education Department has decided to hold final exams for the students of classes 3-5 on 40% marks. Reportedly, the remaining 60 per cent marks would be granted to all students by the schools. Besides, for classes 6 to 8, 50% would be internal marks and the remaining 50% through an exam. Meanwhile, the application deadline for the RBSE Exam has been extended till January 18.
The Delhi Government has permitted schools to reopen classes for grade 10-12 from January 18. The State government has issued guidelines on how to conduct the practical and pre-board examinations. The rule prohibited the entry of symptomatic people, staff and students coming from containment zones. Moreover, it has asked school authorities to maintain precautionary measures including temperature screening, hand hygiene, use of face masks and… read-more
Amazon India announced its latest launch 'Amazon Academy' on January 13 curated for students preparing for JEE. The online platform offers learning materiale, live lectures, comprehensive assessments in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Besides, it provides 15,000 specially designed mock questions by experts. Those aspiring for BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMJEE and MET can also be benefited. Reportedly, the service is available free on Playstore and… read-more